Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I AM in SHAPE... ROUND is a shape!

SHAPING UP:  Do YOU Workout???  TTA


So, I saw the TTA's on Kristina and Sheri's blog, and since I never really write much as far as journaling goes, I thought that I would give it a try.  So do I workout?  Well, I have been, but I have missed 4 weeks!  No good, I know....but I have some really good excuses...
week 1) I got super sick
week 2) I stuck a bobby pin through my toe and was told to hang low for a week (dr.'s orders)  
week 3) the busies week ever...need I say more?
week 4) that's this week...so, I will only miss two days

My usual workout is Mon - Thurs, 45 minutes of cardio (usually the eliptical) followed by 45 minutes of lifting.  I workout with my sister-in-law Christin and we having been going for about a year now.  We alternate our lifting between arms/chest and legs.  We do backs and abs everyday.  I guess I better get back to the plan tomorrow.  It is so easy to fall out of the routine.
Friday, we are hoping to start taking a class at our gym and Saturdays I have been running about 3 miles when my knees allow.  Since I had little Logan, my knees have been acting up which is so annoying!  But, I just work through it, because we have got to get training for our first 1/2 marathon in October!  Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Markarians said...

1/2 marathon---- Good for you! Good Luck, You will do great! Thanks or coming over today its always good to see you.

Christin K said...

Well, I am glad we are starting again tomorrow! Not only do I need to work out, I need my gossip time!! :o)

And by the way, my knee still kills. I am thinking about just taking Advil before and suffer through...it's making me really upset you spread your knee pain!!!!

And I can actually go on Friday!!

Reno 411 said...

Someday I too will run a marathon. Not right now, maybe after the baby arrives.
I love the picture you posted. I need to post my TTA. I am glad you are doing the TTA, you will enjoy the topics.

Sheri Willardson said...

Glad you are doing the TTA-its great to keep up the journaling, and its lots of fun to read what everyone writes. And I have to say-good job with the working out! Even though you have taken a break this month, it sounds like you are very in shape.