Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Balloons!

Saturday (9/11) we braved the dark and woke up early to go see the Hot Air Balloons. This is something that we did every year when I was a kid and I wanted to take the boys at least once before we move. My dad and Amanda came with us along with our friends Lindy, Ava and Kelsea. It was so much fun! Luckily, my kids crashed at 11 and slept for 4 hours after so I was able to get a nap after waking up at 4 in the morning. However when I told this to Chris, he reminded me that he used to get up at 3 and have to work a 12 - 15 hour day. I felt a little bad that I was able to nap :)
Walking down to the park at 4:45am.
We got to watch the "Glow Show" up close an personal. I never knew there was a glow show..I only ever knew about Dawn Patrol...but we got there early enough to see this and it was breath-taking.

The crew!!!
Our friends, Lindy, Ava and Kelsea
All of us minus one
They did a tribute to 9-11 with with and then had a fly by in the "one man left behind" formation. It was powerful.
We found a sweet parking spot after the early morning show and sat on our car and watched the balloons rise into the air! The boys were mesmerized!

Grandpa Steve and Logan

Amanda and Tracen- he is a goof!
My boys just love Grandpa Steve! They will sure miss him when we move! I guess they will just have to come out and visit a lot :)
The balloons! They are spectacular!!



Here is the end of the glow show...the battle of the balloons! It was pretty cool!

4 comments:

Madre said...

cool pictures and we ARE going to miss those boys when you move away :( I guess I should try dawn
patrol at least once ha!

Norby Family said...

You know, you don't have to give up the balloons if you move here! You can have them all year round and have MANY more! I say that's a pretty good deal!

Reno 411 said...

I love the balloon races. We missed them this year and I really wish we hadn't.

Reno 411 said...

I love the balloon races. Iwish we had gone this year. My kids are still having issues.