Thursday, December 4, 2008

MY TOP 5...

MY TOP 5 Amazing things that my students do on a daily basis...(because they don't think that I went to High School)

5.  Sit and talk to their neighbor while I am teaching and when I call them out on it they look at me like??  WHO ME???  You are accusing me of WHAT???  I would NEVER...

4.  Put gum at the top of their mouths and chew it really quick when they think that I am not looking, then say, "I don't have gum, it's just my teeth"...really???  Why???  
3.  TEXTING>>>need I say more???  The stiff look they get when they are trying to text during my class so that I won't notice that they aren't paying attention, but even better, when I say, "Give me your phone" and they say, "I was just texting my Mom and there is a text message chain from Bobby-Jane about where they are going after school"  Really???  I HATE CELL PHONES SOMETIMES, but I have gotten a nice collection of them this year =D
2.  The GROAN-COMPLAIN-GROAN some more when the announcement of what their homework is going to be...As if they expected us to NOT have Homework when we have had it every single day so far this year...or if they GROAN just a little louder, I might actually change my mind and not give them any!
1.  And really the main reason for my ranting...When kids take a test and CHOOSE to "HELP" each other...nice!  REALLY??? I wasn't born yesterday...I might have two kids, but I am not deteriorating...
I HATE BEING THE MEAN GUY>>>BUT THEY MAKE ME DO IT!  =(

8 comments:

Christin K said...

First, you just described my entire high school career. I did all of the above and I'm pretty sure you would have hated me. I was a brat...well, I still am.

Second, you have now confirmed the fact that teaching high school is out of the question for me.

Watts Family said...

That picture totally looks like you ;)

Norby Family said...

So I never knew how obvious I was at those things in school until I did my practicums. The teachers saw everything and I just thought they were clueless.

Norby Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Iverson Family said...

That is HILARIOUS! I would have to say I was like Christin and was that student too, but I didn't have texting then. Hey when we gunna get together? This is LAME to go so long without any fun times!

Angie said...

That is so funny! I told you... texting is of the devil! How are you guys, anyway?

Jen H said...

Too funny. I was the one discreatly sleeping in my math class! Seriously he was so boring though, and I always waited until I understood todays lesson before I zonked out. Needless to say, the next year that same teacher included participation as part of the grade. ha ha!!

Jensen Family said...

I love hearing your stories! I would really enjoy being able to watch you teach so that I could have a good laugh for the day (not at your teaching skills - your students)!